Wednesday, August 09, 2006

One year in the Big Apple!

Friday will mark my first year in NY, and it went like the city is, very fast.
I have to say I'm getting pretty addicted to this city.

Sure I miss Paris, my family and friends there, the (sometime rude) parisians and the smell of croissants being baked at 4 in the morning when I come back home.

Sure I miss LA and the friends that I left there. The beach life, being shirtless on the beach in january, Joshua Tree and the waves.

But overall I have to say that NY and I... we pretty much fell in love really fast (well except for the $1.5 billion you have to pay at the end of each month to live in your own private shoebox). This city is just... unique. You have to spend a lot of energy to keep the pace, but that's worth it.

My californian friends warned me that new-yorkers were rude and cold. Nothing further from the truth. I made a lot of great new friends here. And sure you can meet some assholes from time to time but so can you in Paris, LA or everywhere on planet Earth.

I started last week my new permanent position here in NY which is a good indication to me I'll spend the next 2-3 years in the neighbourhood. After that, who knows? ;-)

Thanks, NY, that was a great year.
Here's to many more :-)
Tony

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Bon anniversaire pour ta première année (tu ne fais pas ton âge...)et félicitations pour ton job !
Je confirme que NY est une ville unique, riche en rencontres ;+)

Magali